“The way you create any outcome in your life is to hold the vision of your deepest desires. At the same time, though, you must honestly and accurately assess your current situation and how it relates to your greater vision. By doing this, you engage tension between what is and what can be. This tension is the primary creative force behind the manifestation of any outcome. It’s as natural and powerful as the force of gravity.”
~ David Emerald, The Power of TED*
Is what you envision for yourself different from the ‘story’ you tell yourself? What if you changed the old story and scripted a new one, fresh and current, loving and compassionate?
Manifest your dreams into reality with a vision board, a simple yet powerful visualization tool that activates the universal law of attraction. An illustrated, personally created collage of images, pictures and affirmations you’ve torn from various magazines, a vision board brings clarity to your dreams and desires. When you surround yourself with images of who you want to become, what you want to have or where you want to be, your life will change to match these images.
Use a cork-board, a large piece of strong paper or some other background for collecting and displaying pictures, symbols and/or representations of your vision for your life. Feel free to dream BIG and open the door to the world and its abundance and let your wishes begin.
Supplies you will need:
- Poster board or cork-board: decide on the size you would like to use.
- A stack of assorted magazines that you read regularly. (You can also print out photos from your favorite websites or Google images).
- Glue. Avoid page ripples by using Yes! Glue or rubber cement rather than Elmer’s glue.
Before you begin your vision board:
- Sit quietly and set your intention. With lots of kindness and openness, ask yourself what it is you want. Take your time with this question. This process gives your ego a chance to step aside so you are more able to create your vision clearly.
- Put on soft music or something you enjoy as background.
- Collect your various magazines or sources for pictures, words and phrases.
- Optional: Make a list, jotting down what you want in your life.
Follow these six steps for creating your vision board:
1. Go through your magazines and tear or cut out pictures, words and headlines that resonate with you. Let yourself enjoy the process as you create a pile of images, phrases and words. When selecting your materials, consider areas of life that follow your 21-day journey: Hunger & Healing, Empathy & Emotional Eating, Awareness & Acceptance, Love & Letting Be, Inquiry & Intention, Nurture & Nourishment, Gratitude & Gracious Living as well as any other areas of life or current situations that beckon: health and wellness, fitness, abundance, nourishment, hobbies, family, relationships.
2. Go through the images and begin to place your favorites on the poster board. Discard any images that no longer speak to you. Whether you “assign” a theme to specific areas of the board or simply place your images randomly – let your intuition guide how they should be arranged.
3. Glue your selected images onto the board. Add writing or words if you desire. Feel free to use markers, letters or stickers.
4. Place an image of yourself somewhere on the board. Perhaps a photo that radiates your personality right in the middle of the vision board! Again, let your intuition be your guide.
5. Step back from your vision board and gaze at your creation. What do you see? Do you want to add anything ~ or eliminate something? What lessons are evident for you?
6. Hang your vision board proudly in a place where you will see it often. Make a point of visiting your vision board every day, reinforcing your dreams, goals and aspirations.